If you’ve ever wanted to send a bunch of emails to a group of your contacts for any reason, this might help. Microsoft Outlook offers the ability to mass mail via ‘distribution lists’, if you know where to look.
See the video below once you’ve opened Outlook up.
- Select your Contacts folder, then individual contacts within that folder by Ctrl / Shift selecting as you wish.
- Click New>Distribution List and give it a name.
- Click Select Members, then the Address Book from the drop down.
- Select the individual Contacts you’d like to mail.
- Click the Members button to add them to the list.
- Click OK, then Save and Close.
- Create a new Mail.
- Click the To button, then select the Address Book you created the Distribution List in.
- Your new Distribution List will show up as a Contact within that Address Book.
- Happy Outlook Mass Mailing with your new Distribution List.
This works nicely with a few caveats. I’m not sure how well it works if you have thousands of contacts to email – something like phplist may work best in that situation. Also I’ve had problems after upgrading my Windows operating system or Outlook itself. The address books sometimes disappear, and the remedy is removing the data files (Tools>Options>Data Files), then setting up your mail accounts again. This can cause ‘Minor Ball-Ache’, easily treated.
To find out more about how we can help you with your internet marketing visit this website: web design bournemouth